08.71.35 Uppbygging tölva
- Compare ENIAC to modern PCs in various ways, like computations speed, memory
size, and physical size. Use these rates to estimate the features of computers in i)
10 years and ii) 25 years, if you assume that there are 55 years since ENIAC
- Which computer is thought to have been the first one to use cache memory?.
This information should be relatively easy for you to find on the Web (see links
on the class homepage).
- We often say that ENIAC was the
first computer. The English don´t agree and maintain that the first computer was
built in Manchester in 1948. Give the main
arguments for and against each computer.
- Give the main arguments for claiming that
built the first computer.
- Compare the pro and cons of having only one fast bus in computers, instead of
the hierarchy of busses of differing speeds like there are in modern PCs..
Hand these problems in on monday september 3rd.
hh (hja) hi.is, 29. ágúst, 2001.