08.71.35 Uppbygging tölva
- Give at least three reasons for not getting a doubling in the speed of a
processor if we double the number of pipeline steps (e.g. from 5 steps to 10).
- Problem 2.3 on page 56 in the textbook.
- Use 5 bits for the decimal numbers 15, -16 and 0 and if possible show them
- as signed magnitude
- as one's complement
- as two's complement
- on Excess 2n-1 - 1 form
- Problem 2.6 on page 57 in the textbook.
- An interesting way of representing numbers is the so called balanced
ternary. In it we use -1, 0 and 1 in a ternary system instead of 0, 1 and
2. Thus the number 8 is represented as (1 0 -1), since 8 is 1*32 +
0*31 + (-1)*30.
- How are the numbers 3, 11 og -234 represented in this system?
- How is the (additive) inverse of a number found in this system?
- How can we easily see if a number is this system is negative?
Hand these problems in on monday september 10th.
hh (hja) hi.is, 5. september, 2001.