· Rahpeyma, S., Halldorsson, B., Hrafnkelsson, B. and Jonsson, S. (2018) Bayesian hierarchical model for variations in earthquake peak ground acceleration within small-aperture arrays. Environmetrics, 29(3).
· Geirsson, Ó. P., Hrafnkelsson, B., Simpson, D. and Sigurdarson, H. (2018) LGM split sampler: An efficient MCMC sampling scheme for latent Gaussian models. Submitted to Statistical Science.
· Eythorsson, D., Gardarson, S.M., Gunnarsson, A. and Hrafnkelsson (2018) Statistical summer mass balance forecast model with application to Brúarjökull Glacier, southeast Iceland. Journal of Glaciology. https://doi.org/10.1017/jog.2018.22
· Gopalan, G., Hrafnkelsson, B., Adalgeirsdottir, G.T., Jarosch, A.H. and Palsson, F. (2018) A Bayesian hierarchical model for glacial dynamics based on the Shallow Ice Approximation and its evaluation using analytical solutions. Submitted to Cryosphere.
· Sigurdarson, A. N. and Hrafnkelsson, B. (2016) Bayesian prediction of monthly precipitation on a fine grid using covariates based on a regional meteorological model. Environmetrics, 27(1), 27-41.
· Hrafnkelsson, Birgir; Oddsson, Gudmundur V.; Unnthorsson, Runar. (2016) A Method for Estimating Annual Energy Production Using Monte Carlo Wind Speed Simulation. Energies, 9(4), no. 286.
· Geirsson, O. P., Hrafnkelsson, B. and Simpson, D. (2015) Computationally efficient spatial modeling of annual maximum 24-h precipitation on a fine grid. Environmetrics, 26(5), 339-353.
· Ragnarsson, B. F., Oddsson, G. V., Unnthorsson, R. and Hrafnkelsson, B. (2015) Levelized cost of energy analysis of a wind power generation system at Búrfell in Iceland. Energies, 8(9), 9464-9485.
· Hrafnkelsson, B., Ingimarsson, K. M., Gardarsson, S. M. and Snorrason, A. (2012) Modeling discharge rating curves with Bayesian B-splines. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 26(1), 1-20.
· Hrafnkelsson, B., Morris, J. and Baladandayuthapani, V. (2012) Spatial modeling of annual minimum and maximum temperatures in Iceland. Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 116(1-2), 43-61.
Birgir Hrafnkelsson, Ph.D., Professor of Statistics
Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Physical Sciences
School of Engineering and Natural Sciences
University of Iceland
Last updated: June 12th, 2018.