Professor of Theoretical Chemistry, University of Iceland, w. research activity at
the Science Institute
Adjunct Professor, Chemistry Department,
Brown University, RI, USA
Adjunct Professor, Applied Physics Department,
Aalto University, Finland
Education and training:
- B.S. in Chemistry, University of Iceland, 1980
- Ph.D., University of California San Diego, 1985 (advisor John H. Weare).
- Post-doc, Stanford University, 1986-1988 (advisor Hans C. Andersen).
- University of Washington, Assistant / Associate Professor of Chemistry 1988-1998.
- University of Washington, Professor 1999-2005.
- University of Iceland, Professor 2000-.
Other professional appointments:
- University of Washington, Adjunct Professor, Physics Department 1994.
- University of Washington, Adjunct Professor, Materials Sci. and Engineering Dpt. 1994.
- Pacific Northwest Natl. Labs, Affiliate Staff Scientist, Richland, WA 1994.
- Technical Univ. of Denmark, Physics Department, Visiting Professor 1995.
- Technical Univ. of Denmark, Physics Department, Visiting Professor 2004.
- Adjunct Professor,
Chemistry Department, Brown University, Providence RI, 2005-.
- SLAC/Stanford, SUNCAT Center for Interface Science and Catalysis, Visiting Professor 2010.
- Aalto University, Finland Distinguished Professor
in Applied Physics Dpt. 2013-2016.
- Ulam scholar, at the
Center for Nonlinear Studies
at Los Alamos 2017-2018.
- Otto Moensted scholar, at the
Department of Energy Conversion and Storage
of the Technical University of Denmark 2018.
Articles in scientific journals
- Google Scholar
lists ca. 40000 citations to these articles and an H-index of 56.
Citations listed by ISI can be found at ResearcherID.
Computational science teaching award
article in IEEE Computational Science & Engineeering), 1995.
On editorial board of the ACS surface science journal
Director of Chemistry Division, Science Institute of the Univ. of Iceland 2003-2011
On editorial board of the Elsevier journal
On editorial board of the journal 'Nanosystems: Physics, Chemistry, Math.'